The aim in Europe is to reduce the energy consumption of space and water heating and to the wider use of intelligent district heating and cooling systems and integration of renewables, waste heat and storage [Expected impacts for the EE-13-2015].
H-DisNet strongly contributes to that with additional benefits:
Extend the utilization of residual heats
- Energy potential transport free of thermal losses and lowering temperatures in thermal transport
- Better exploitation of low-temperature heat sources (industrial and renewable, e.g. solar thermal or geothermal)
- Flexible and intelligent energy cascades
Extending the use of district networks
- Multiple services based on thermo-chemical technology at the same time: Heating, Cooling, Drying
- H-DisNet technology can be coupled to existing thermal district network improving their efficiency
- Cheap waste heat sources and other renewables at low temperature level reduce energy costs
- Cheaper pipe systems with reduced / without insulation, reduced construction works
- As a result, regions with lower heat demand density can be served
Energy consumption Efficiency in buildings
- Latent heat recovery
- Humidification of air by environmental heat or waste heat
- Reduction of primary energy consumption and CO2 emissions by energy cascading
- Resource saving by simpler network infrastructure and less construction works (recyclable plastic pipes, no anti-frost meares require
- Heating, cooling and humidity control by the thermo-chemical technology improve indoor comfort
- Thermo-chemical air humidification and indoor humidity control prevent growth of mould fungus
- Smart humidity control with air recirculation allows for CO2-controlled energy-efficient optimal climate conditions
The lantent heat is energy released or absorbed during a constant-temperature process. For example, the water at ambient pressure releases energy at 100°C during the change from liquid to vapour.
The thermal energy potential is not thermal energy, but the potentiality to realese thermal energy is some conditions are reached.